Sunday, August 14, 2011

8/14/11 #1

From S
  • Dishwasher: It will be fixed Tuesday. The solenoid for the intake valve was stuck but the guy didn't have a new solenoid. I'll be there Tuesday when the guy comes again. He pointed out that someone had poured quite a bit of dish soap (not the kind made for dishwashers) into the dishwasher. He told me to run a couple of cups of clorox in there to clean out the smell. The knob is kept in the little medicine locker. Finally, the valve to the water supply at the wall (said valve shared with the sink faucet) has been turned off, so tehre's no hot water at the sink. There's a trickle at the sink, but that's because the wall valve is leaking too.
  • Washer: I'm leaving it unplugged. Ruth will plug it back in if she uses it. I need to figure out where to put the laundry detergent though.
  • Mom's reaction to the dishwasher guy. She asked me three times why the guy was there. After he left she asked me four times what he had fixed. Each time when I answered "The dishwasher," mom went into the kitchen and asked "Que es eso? Esta cosa aqui?"
  • It was interesting spending time with Mom in her house without an activity. I was sitting just working on my laptop. Mom just kept walking around the house. She said she was looking for her pants. Then a couple of times, when I asked her what she was looking for, she answered "No me recuerdo." Then she'd sit for a while, then she'd start walking around the house again.
  • I'm going to suggest to Ruth that, as an activity, they go through mom's recipes and organize them.
  • I'm also going to suggest to Ruth that, again as an activity, they read over Granma for a bit each day (that's the Cuban news website, in case you forgot). The computer in mom's study is once again internet enabled. I leave the password next to the router in case one of you wants to go hang out there and work and need internet access.

No comments:

Post a Comment